Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Giving SHOTS!

So today was my injection lab. We had to give eachother an intradermal injection, which is like for a TB test. At first we practiced on a hotdog, which honestly didn't work very well. Then we got to do them on eachother. The girl I partnered up with, Andrea, told me she had had tons of shots as a kid and wasn't worried at all. (By the way, I really like Andrea. We also are partnered up for preschool teaching this Thursday and it has been fun to work with her and get to know her) Now back to shots...it really wasn't that difficult to do; way easier than the stupid hotdog. It is rather easy to get the needle into the skin. I was more nervous to give it to Andrea than to have her give it to me.
We also had to give eachother a subcutaneous shot, which is like a regular shot in the the arm. That wasn't bad either. Less painful than the intradermal. This girl and her partner, who did the shot before us, was having a really hard time. I don't know what she did to make it so difficult, put I felt bad for her partner. She had to restick him multipule times because she kept having difficulties.

No comments: